Best practices question

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jun 27 05:31:37 UTC 2019

gem at rellim.com said:
> That "if the path delay is removed" is important.  I'm about 4 milli Seconds
> from Fort Collins.  Which varies by atmospheric condidions.  Not as good as
> an NTP connection to a regional Stratum 1 server.

Do you have any data on the atmospheric delays?

I thought the ground wave was supposed to be stable.

> Now that my time server gets time from GPS, BeiDou, Galileo and GLONASS I'm
> not so worried about a GPS outage.

Do you have any data from working without GPS?

I also worry about common mode problems.  Something like a big solar flare
could take them all out.

> eLORAN is the proper replacement for WWVB.

Too bad Congress didn't agree.  The funding for LORAN in the US was pulled
several years ago.