NTPsec on Windows ??

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Tue Feb 15 04:41:25 UTC 2022

Achim Gratz said:
> Depends on how far you want to take it and what exactly do you think of as a
> "POSIX environment".  Or to say it more pointedly, how different from Linux
> are you comfortable with?

There is a chicken/egg problem here.  I'm trying to find out how different it
is so I can decide if I'm comfortable with that.

For starters, I'm interested in ntpd.  As a straw man, I assume we will need a
small(?) library to provide the API slots that are missing.  I'd like to
minimize the additional #ifdefs in the main ntpd code.

Next would be ntpq and friends.  They are python with a small support library
in C.  So we have to figure out how to do that in Windows.