NTPsec on Windows ??

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Feb 14 19:58:25 UTC 2022

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> I've been assuming that it is reasonably straightforward to setup a POSIX
> friendly environment in Windows.  Is that wrong?

Whatever you look at will be just slightly different then what you expect.

> Maybe I should have asked a preliminary question.  How hard is it to setup a
> POSIX/c environment?

Depends on how far you want to take it and what exactly do you think of
as a "POSIX environment".  Or to say it more pointedly, how different
from Linux are you comfortable with?

> Is Cygwin the way to go?  A reasonable way?  Are there good alternatives?

It gets you a build and execution environment, but it's a userspace
layer on top of the NT kernel, so once you get to a low enough level
this will start to show through.

>> Not close. There should still be adapters in the history. It's not that
>> simple due to wrong flags.
>
> What's an adapter?

A wrapper, shim or compatibility library for something that expects one perticular
ABI with the purpose of using something else supporting another ABI
under the hood.

Regards,
Achim.