NTPsec on Windows ??

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Mon Feb 14 19:33:35 UTC 2022

Thanks.

I've been assuming that it is reasonably straightforward to setup a POSIX
friendly environment in Windows.  Is that wrong?

Maybe I should have asked a preliminary question.  How hard is it to setup a
POSIX/c environment?

Do we need any c++?  (I dont think so, but I might have missed something.)

---------

I found this recipe for setting up waf so I expect that part to be easy.
  Setting up the waf Build Environment on Windows using Cygwin
  https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/building-setup-windows-cygwin.html

Is Cygwin the way to go?  A reasonable way?  Are there good alternatives?

[I didn't recognize it, so I assume others may be in the same boat.
  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ArduPilot
  ArduPilot is an open source, unmanned vehicle Autopilot Software Suite]

----------

> Not close. There should still be adapters in the history. It's not that
> simple due to wrong flags.

What's an adapter?

I never set any flags.  I assume that waf defaults to something sensible.  Is
that correct?

Our waf script turns on a lot of flags for more error checking.  It checks to
make sure the compiler supports them.  Do we need an option to disable all
that stuff?

---------

How do libraries work in Windows?

Some of our Python code (ntpq) needs a library.  I'd be happy to add a
-disable-xxx flag to bypass that if it helps get off the ground.