NTPsec on Windows ??

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Feb 15 16:24:52 UTC 2022

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> There is a chicken/egg problem here.  I'm trying to find out how different it
> is so I can decide if I'm comfortable with that.
>
> For starters, I'm interested in ntpd.  As a straw man, I assume we will need a
> small(?) library to provide the API slots that are missing.  I'd like to
> minimize the additional #ifdefs in the main ntpd code.

Here's the first step of what you were talking about:

...share/packages/ntpsec (2009)# ./waf configure --refclock=nmea,pps,local,generic,shm --prefix=/usr
Setting top to                           : /mnt/share/packages/ntpsec
Setting out to                           : /mnt/share/packages/ntpsec/build
Checking for program 'asciidoctor'       : not found
Checking for program 'asciidoc'          : /usr/bin/asciidoc
Checking for program 'a2x'               : /usr/bin/a2x
Checking for program 'xsltproc'          : /usr/bin/xsltproc
Checking for asciidoc version >= 8.6.8   : 9.0.5
--- Configuring host ---
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : /usr/bin/gcc
Checking compiler version                : 11.2.0
Checking for program 'ldconfig'          : not found
Checking for program 'm4'                : /usr/bin/m4
Checking for program 'bison'             : /usr/bin/bison
Checking for program 'awk'               : /usr/bin/awk
Checking for program 'sh'                : /usr/bin/sh
Checking for program 'pkg-config'        : /usr/bin/pkg-config
Checking for systemd                     : not found
Checking for program 'git'               : /usr/bin/git
--- Configuring main ---
Checking for endianness                  : little
Checking for library m                   : yes
Checking for library rt                  : yes
Checking for library pthread             : yes
Checking for library execinfo            : not found
Checking for library bsd                 : not found
Checking for library ssp                 : yes
Checking for library ssp_nonshared       : not found
Checking if C compiler supports -fstack-protector-all : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -fPIC                 : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -pie -fPIE            : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Qunused-arguments    : no
Checking if C compiler supports -Wcast-qual           : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wdisabled-optimization : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wfloat-equal           : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wformat                : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wformat-security       : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wformat-signedness     : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wimplicit-function-declaration : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Winit-self                     : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Winvalid-pch                   : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wmissing-declarations          : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wmultichar                     : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wpacked                        : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wpointer-arith                 : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wshadow                        : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wsuggest-attribute=noreturn    : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -Wwrite-strings                 : yes
Checking if C compiler supports -flto                           : yes
Checking if linker supports -Wl,-z,now                          : no
Checking if linker supports -Wl,--strip-all                     : yes
Checking if linker supports -Wl,-z,relro                        : no
Checking for type struct if_laddrconf                           : no
Checking for type struct if_laddrreq                            : no
Checking for type struct timex                                  : no
The configuration failed
(complete log in /mnt/share/packages/ntpsec/build/config.log)

> Next would be ntpq and friends.  They are python with a small support library
> in C.  So we have to figure out how to do that in Windows.

Well actually, these might be easier for starting, but whatever.

Regards,
Achim.