ntpleapfetch regression.

James Browning jamesb.fe80 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 16:23:55 UTC 2021

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021, at 8:44 AM Mike Simpson via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> Hi folks.
>
> Ntpleapfetch was coping with the leap-seconds.list file from the ietf for a bit then it regressed back to being confused by the formatting of the signature again.

I see it. potential patch attached later. TLDR the spacing did it
six-month mess with the downstream dance adding a space. macOS,
Solaris and 15 BSD variants will probably break.

> Also, we are still trying to use /var/NTP for I believe NTS related logging. Can this be moved to /var/log/something as SELinux really doesn’t like it. nts or ntp/nts?

I'll have to pencil in a reminder to submit a change to the default
value of NTP_VAR which is only used for 'statsdir', from there it
branches a bit.

> Speaking of SELinux, I can send a patch to their ML to allow creation and use of the NTS tcp port now that it’s all iana assigned as I have the necessary custom module to let fedora and centos work.

Above my paygrade probably. I would say submit it there as well as our
repository for packaging/.