Buggy WNRO fixup

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Wed Dec 29 21:31:44 UTC 2021

Gary said:
>> The code I was expecting doesn't know anything about leaps.
>> It would be close to:
>>   while (t < PIVOT) t += 1024*7*86400

> Which will break after 1024 weeks. Which sounds like a lot, but there are a
> lot of GPS that are more than 1024 weeks old since their firmware was cut.

Your code has similar problems.  Right?

That's 1024 weeks after ntpsec is released.  I'm willing to assume that ntpsec
gets updated more often than that.

We could add a config option to sepcify the pivot date but that doesn't seem
worth the effort.  It would only be useful for cases where a modern ntpsec
that couldn't be updated was being used with an old GPS unit.

Do we have any place to collect documentation for quirks like this?