Python, testing

Matthew Selsky Matthew.Selsky at twosigma.com
Tue Jan 14 01:43:04 UTC 2020

On Mon, Jan 13, 2020 at 05:06:01PM -0800, Hal Murray via devel wrote:

> How does waf tell the c compiler which Python.h to use?
> My system has:
>   /usr/include/python2.7/Python.h
>   /usr/include/python3.7m/Python.h

./waf --python=/path/to/python

OR

/path/to/python waf

> What can we do about testing things like ntpq?
>
> Is there a ntpd running on the gitlab build boxes?  Is it worthwhile to just
> run commands without checking the answers?  (catch crashes but not much else)

Most of the build boxes are containers.  There's no persistence, or daemons that exist beyond the time that the build is running.

What sort of testing would you like to do with ntpq, specifically?  Test specific sub-commands? What would that test look like?

Cheers,
-Matt