Python module mismatch

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jan 31 02:33:21 UTC 2019

Gary said:
> I installed for Python 2.7, then I installed for Python 3.6.  Then I ran with
> python3.6, but my PYTHONPAATH was still for 2.7.

Do typical installations run mixed python 2 and 3 like that, or is that only
used for testing?

-------

I think the mixed case can be made to work with something like:

WHEN=`date +%s`
puthon2 ./waf configure --build-epoch=$WHEN build install
puthon3 ./waf configure --build-epoch=$WHEN build install

-------

Can we make waf smart enough to install both flavors?  I'm thinking of
something like call out to the other python to find out where to install the
python libraries and make the binaries.