Python module mismatch.

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Wed Jan 30 23:22:48 UTC 2019

Yo Hal!

On Wed, 30 Jan 2019 14:00:35 -0800
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> Gary said:
> > Great, the python library mismatch code works:
> >     Library/Binary version mismatch
> >     Binary: ntpsec-1.1.3+ 2019-01-30T21:25:37Z (git rev ab0ea27cf)
> >     Library: ntpsec-1.1.3+ 2019-01-30T21:20:27Z (git rev
> > ab0ea27cf)
>
> What did you do to get that?

I installed for Python 2.7, then I installed for Python 3.6.  Then
I ran with python3.6, but my PYTHONPAATH was still for 2.7.

> The version strings come from waf configure.  Right?  So you did
> something more complicated than a simple edit/build/test, or
> edit/build/install/test.

Nope.

> Maybe you are trying to switch between python2 and python3 when
> running installed code?

Yes.  That is what we have been doing trying to figure out the "AnsiTerm"
thing.  I do this all the time.

>  I think that takes separate configures to
> make the libraries which means only one will pass the version check.

Modules, not libraries, but yes.  And PYTHONPATH does the module
selection.