The request side of NTS is working

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Feb 19 19:48:03 UTC 2019

> The thing that gripes me about ntp_control is that for each of the tables
> mentioned above, there are actually 3 parallel tables and they are a long way
> apart so a pain to update.  Maybe if we just interlaces the #defines with the
> text lookup tables it would be less painful to update.

There's that, also I might be able to consolidate them usubfg a flags field.

> Somebody has to decide what the order is.  If you are moving things to ntpq,
> we can fix the order there to be the same.

Less straightforward than I thought while writing my last reply. There turns
out to be an unfortunate adhesion with the way the CTL_OP_READSTAT and
CTL_OP_CLOCKSTAT requests work; if I'm not careful I could cause a comoatibily
problem with Classic ntpq.

Still pondering...