SINGLESOCK - How much to strip away?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed May 30 19:45:55 UTC 2018

> What makes it a better idea to wait?

I don't see any clean solution.

There are actually two separate areas.  One is a single socket.  The other is
interface tracking.

FreeBSD doesn't support single socket.

The interface cleanup gets tangled up with cleaning up the UI.  I don't see
any clean solution there.

-------

RECVBUF:
> Are you interested in doing this yourself?

It's high on my list, but not the top.

I'll be glad to help if somebody else wants to do it.  It's medium size.
It's not complicated, but there will be small edits scattered all over the
place.

It can be done in two steps.  First is to dump the work-queue but still make
each packet get a buffer from the free queue and go back there.  The second
is to remove the free queue.