Fw: [LEAPSECS] current / future state of UT1 access?

Mark Atwood fallenpegasus at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 22:31:35 UTC 2018

> About time the NTP told the user what time is being served?

Yes.

It should got into an extension block.

Two, one for time base, one for PPS source.  What is the natural length of
an extension block?   My preference is a US-ASCII string or a UTF8 string,
instead of a binary enum.  "UTC", "UT1", "TAI", etc for the time base, and
the name of the constellation "GPS", "GLONASS", "MASER consortium" etc for
the PPS source.

How hard would it be for us to implement?

If we are getting it from a clock driver, first cut we can just get it from
the .conf file.  Later, we work out best ways to get it from the clock
drivers.

If we are getting it from upstream, log WARNING if we're getting upstream
time from different time bases.

..m
--

Mark Atwood