Fw: [LEAPSECS] current / future state of UT1 access?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 20 23:57:58 UTC 2018

>> About time the NTP told the user what time is being served?

>Yes.
> It should got into an extension block.

It seems like a wild goose chase to me.  We should focus on distributing UTC.

> It should got into an extension block.
> Two, one for time base, one for PPS source. ...

The PPS idea is misleading.  We shouldn't bless any special way of getting
time.

I don't like the idea of adding the clutter of an extension for something
that doesn't have a good use case.

Currently, we don't support any extensions.  I expect that to change for NTS.