prep for 1.0.1

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 21 05:19:04 UTC 2018

> The big deal is whether we have closure on the Python installation mess.

The only loose end that I know about is PYTHONDIR vs PYTHONARCHDIR.

We now understand why what we have been expecting doesn't work.

We are trying to import ntp.ntpc.  That's a two step process.  First it looks
up ntp, then it looks in there for ntpc.  It's not searching for */ntp/ntpc

I know of two reasonable solutions.  One is to move ntp/ntpc to another
directory.  The other is to move everything to PYTHONARCHDIR.

I have no strong opinions either way.