version string

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Oct 29 09:37:52 UTC 2017

VERSION currently says
  1.0.0

I was expecting that to get bumped to 1.0.1 after the release was out so that
we could easily determine that we are running a development version rather
than a release.

But maybe that should be 1.1.0?  Or 1.1.1?

devel/hacking.txt says:

We use a variant of three part Semantic Versioning, of the form X.Y.Z.
X, Y, and Z are non-negative decimal integers.

X is the "major" version number.
Y is the "minor" version number.
Z is the "revision" number.

Each release will result in an incremented version number, and the
version number string will be tagged into the git repository.

When the minor number is even, it refers to a "stable" release, and
when the minor number is odd, it refers to a "development" release.

------

When does the revision get bumped?