NMEA driver - off by 1024 weeks but says 4096

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Oct 31 06:29:49 UTC 2017

fallenpegasus at gmail.com said:
> I suggest running it with gpsd for a while instead of NTPsec, and see if
> gpsd's logging identifies the issue.

> Or if the ntpd log contains the NMEA strings, it may be possible to
> reconstruct a gpsd playback file, and play it into gpsd, and see what it
> says.  ESR and GEM might could help with that.

I know what the device is sending.  ntpd records it in clockstats.

It's off by 1024 weeks, and I can fudge it back to working well.

What I don't know is why the nmea driver is printing out something about 4096
weeks and or what that code that doesn't appear to do anything other than
print a misleading message is supposed to do.  If it doesn't do anything, we
can just nuke it rather than debug it.

I was hoping that somebody would remember adding that code.  No off list