warnings from recent git pull

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri May 26 01:03:10 UTC 2017

> Fixes pushed, give it a try.

Looks good, but some builds still in the pipeline and I'm about to leave.
Assume OK unless I get back to you.

>> From Fedora and many/most other systems:
> Not 'most' from where I sit.

Did you try tests/option-tester.sh?  A lot of that stuff doesn't happen
unless you use the right configure options.

For me, that fails on NetBSD, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, Debian and Ubuntu so I think
my "most" was justified.

>> ../../tests/libparse/binio.c:130:23: warning: declaration of 'exp'
>> shadows a global declaration
> As I suspected, a NetBSD name collision.  Fix pushed.

OpenBSD gets the exp/shadow warnings.  So does an old CentOS.

I don't understand why it doesn't happen on all systems.  ntp_fp.h includes
math.h which defines exp.  Is there some magic that drops that warning if you
don't use the symbol from the header in some other part of the code being
compiled?  Maybe there were too many false positives like that one?