First real bug

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Mar 29 01:51:49 UTC 2017

Eric said:
> BTW, this was our first "real bug"...that is, one not found as part of
> normal development by a person with no prior connection to the team. Thanks
> for being helpful.

That was for:
  https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/issues/255

Actually, I think another one was a few minutes ahead of it.  :)
  https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/issues/254

We have an interesting problem.  gitlab issues are not connected to our mail
system.  Your comment above would not be seen unless somebody signed up for
the everything-from-issues option.

Your previous comment (different issue) on how big to make a patch or set of
patches would have been better if it went to devel.

Personally, I think the gitlab issues mail is crappy.  It sends in both plain
text and html.  The signal/noise is really low.  And when somebody closes an
issue, the comment goes as a separate message to add even more clutter.