MISRA 2008 C++ violations

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Mar 27 19:55:47 UTC 2017

Daniel Poirot writes:
> Using the MISRA 2012 C Guidelines, I find a stunning 19,144 deviations
> from the 'full' standard.

See, different number than before.  So, is that something we can look at
somewhere and ideally have it re-run for each commit or some tags?

[I've just seen you've sent the summary to me.  On quick glance I see
the error categories seem to match my expectations.  The distribution in
the code maybe not.]

> Point being, there are things to look into if anyone is interested.

That point is not lost on anyone looking at the code and the reason Eric
spent so much effort on getting the LOC down.  He's in a better position
to comment on what the plan for the future is.  I'd personally switch to
some subset of C++ since I know that the data types and operations upon
them could be encapsulated really well in doing so, both getting the LOC
down further and improving testability (maybe even to the point that
they can be formally proven correct).

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: