Future of 32 bit time_t?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 14 01:36:51 UTC 2017

> We will have to figure out how to handle %ld vs %d in printf format strings.

I just tried my code on a 32 bit system.  I didn't get any warnings about
extra l in %ld.

Does the compiler copy over the variable?

---------

I should have added that my initial message was just thinking about the leap
second code that I'm working on, but I think the problem extends to the rest
of the system.

What happens for read/write times in disk metadata?  Are they just assuming
it's unsigned so it will last another 68 years?