lfpinit() signed or unsigned?

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Mar 11 18:19:00 UTC 2017

Yo Achim!

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 11:07:55 +0100
Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo.de> wrote:

> Gary E. Miller writes:
> > As I said yesterday, I gave up on the top dopwn approach.  I have
> > gone to bottom up.  Fixing small things.  It will prolly take me a
> > week to deal with all the really obvious -Wsign-conversion warnings.
> >
> > I am trying to make all my commits very bytesize, so each is
> > trivial to vet.  Feel free to keep an eye on me.  :-)
>
> What became of the idea of you doing that in a branch?  It would
> really help to fix the constant stream of typos and "whoops" before
> they hit the master branch.

The problem is that I need buildbot to smoke out how things work on
different OS, C compilers, byte widths and byte orders.

On my long term todo  list to get more buildbots up.

Adding casts and changing comments will only break things for one or two
commits.  And by commiting slowly and steadily I have a lot of other
people also testing my work.  If I do one big merge and something breaks
then people just throw out the whole merge.

Each commit is very small, so easy for others to spot any problem commit.