lfpinit() signed or unsigned?

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Mar 11 19:49:46 UTC 2017

Gary E. Miller writes:
> The problem is that I need buildbot to smoke out how things work on
> different OS, C compilers, byte widths and byte orders.

Other projects use a smoke branch for that.

> On my long term todo  list to get more buildbots up.
>
> Adding casts and changing comments will only break things for one or two
> commits.  And by commiting slowly and steadily I have a lot of other
> people also testing my work.  If I do one big merge and something breaks
> then people just throw out the whole merge.

Broken commits on master are really bad for later bisects, so I'd
rather go to great lengths to avoid them in the first place.

> Each commit is very small, so easy for others to spot any problem
> commit.

I have absolutely no problem with that commit style, quite to the
contrary.  I was really just asking for some more care before a commit
hits immutable history (I know, grafts do exist now…).

Regards,
Achim.