Information lost when switching to buildprep

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Feb 22 21:26:54 UTC 2017

Gary said:
>> 2) It drags in a big pile of stuff, starting with gnuplot.
> No.

At least one of us is confused.

buildprep installs gnuplot unconditionally.  Perhaps you mean that it doesn't
need to do that.  But currently it does.

What does ntpviz do without gnuplot and/or why would I want to do that?  If I
have to move the processed data to another system to view it, why not copy
the raw log files and do all the processing there?

The old text in INSTALL had comments about something being needed at run time
or only at build tiime.  That information is no longer in buildprep.