Testing

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 6 22:52:10 UTC 2017

>> Your version of "pretty stable" doesn't match mine.
> Probably not. To a first approximation I judge "pretty stable" by the
> burn-in time on my Pis. If it runs for long periods of time on all six with
> no anomalies, it's stable.

I don't consider that to be much testing, but you didn't actually say much.
Six Pis not crashing for a week can leave a lot of obscure parts of the code
untested.

Are you carefully monitoring things?  Do you look at the graphs every day?

What configurations are you testing?  Pool?  PPS?  Is your network connection
flakey?  (WiFi can be a good test case.)

> I am highly productive and my error rate is very low.

Your typo rate is pretty high too.  Why should I be confident that you don't
make similar errors when editing code?