From: Hal Murray via devel <devel at ntpsec.org>

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Apr 26 07:40:52 UTC 2017

Thanks.

> Manual config

Did you enable this for all senders or only selected domains?

> This ir a consequence of SPF.  A lot of devel@ email is bunced as
> undeliverable.  You have seem this weh your email was removed from devel@
> due to too many bounces.

I thought the normal approach was to do the From rewriting only on domains
that have SPF.  (and/or DMARC)

Doing it when it isn't necessary screws up reply formatting.

John Levine, blowing off (lots of) steam:
  Yahoo breaks every mailing list in the world including the IETF's
  https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html
  Date: 7 Apr 2014 20:11:04 -0000

I don't think mymail bounced because of SPF.  It bounced because Megapath has
a screwed up spam filter and/or I haven't found a way to whitelist by IP
Address.

I'm currently getting mail direct to a second address that I control and have
this one set to no-mail so Megapath doesn't get a chance to bounce any list
traffic.  Nobody has complained about bounces of non-list traffic including
copies of list traffic.