warnings, attic/sht.c

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Apr 8 20:11:16 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Sat, 08 Apr 2017 12:59:53 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> I just pushed fixes for a couple of warnings.

I do not understand this one:

Cool, thanks.

> If buildbot won't complain about warnings,

buildbot shows the warnings, it just does not fail on warning.  Prolly
need to make buildbot a bit more vocal, but failing on warnings woud
be bad.

 I'd like to encourage
> people to at least run
> tests/option_tester.sh on their local setup before pushing cleanup
> type fixes that are likely to break cases you don't normally test.
> That's why I wrote it.

Only 800 more warning messages to fix...

> attic/sht.c now complains:
> ../../attic/sht.c: In function ‘main’:
> ../../attic/sht.c:165:20: warning: implicit declaration of function
> ‘ntp_random’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>     rcv_frc = (uint)ntp_random() % 1000000000u;
>                     ^~~~~~~~~~
> It used to include ntp_random.h

Correct, and ntp_random.h is now gone.  The prototype for ntp_random() is
in ntp.h now.

> I don't know what the right fix is.

So the fix is to include ntp.h.  I thought I had already done that.

> Is sht supposed to be
> stand-alone?

Yes.

>  If so, we should fix it to use some other randomness
> and not link with our libraries.

Dunno...