Web stuff - how to update?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Oct 29 06:26:08 UTC 2016

esr at thyrsus.com said:
>> Thanks.  Is there any way to preview my changes?
> Yes.  Provided you configured with --enable-docs, you can ./waf and then
> point a browser at docs/index.html.

Context confusion.  I meant my changes to the main web site at
https://www.ntpsec.org/ rather than the documentation shipped with the source
code.

esr at thyrsus.com said:
>> The existing documentation page has a link to the latest
>> web pages.  It might  be handy to have links to man pages.

> Effectively the entire contents of the web pages is included in the website.
> That's why the includes directory looks the way it does; those files are
> the manpage bodies. ...

If you start at the top level page, https://docs.ntpsec.org/latest/,
there isn't any obvious quick way to get to any of the man pages.

Any problem with adding a link to the man pages section of the site map page
to the Table of Contents section of the top level page?

------

Each section of the site-map ends with a site-map link.  That looks ugly to
me.  Are those sections used anyplace else where it might make sense?

Some of the web versions of the man pages (but only some) include
includes/manual.txt
I think a separate site-map link (rather than hiding it as a man page) would
be more appropriate.

Looks like the man pages should have a see-also section for the other ntp man
pages.