Web stuff - how to update?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sat Oct 29 04:51:21 UTC 2016

> esr at thyrsus.com said:
> > I've given you developer access. Clone it and modify at will. Push to it and
> > the change will show no more than 30 minutes later.
>
> Thanks.  Is there any way to preview my changes?

Yes.  Provided you configured with --enable-docs, you can ./waf and then point
a browser at docs/index.html.

> The existing documentation page has a link to the latest web pages.  It might
> be handy to have links to man pages.

Effectively the entire contents of the web pages is included in the website.
That's why the includes directory looks the way it does; those files are
the manpage bodies.  The difference between the manpage version and the
web version is that in the latter the "Name" section is replaced by
Mills's Pogo cartoon headers and crosslinks.