ntpviz - Don't plot a line during data absence

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 24 06:52:59 UTC 2016

> Sure.  You do your thing, I do mine.  Mine is a lot simpler for a
> newbie to setup, one line in a crontab:

Don't forget to setup your web server.  (and keep it secure)

> You gotta admit you are not our majority target audience.  :-)

Well, neither are you.

If you are targeting the majority, I think you need to setup a system using
the pool so you will have more typical data to work with.

> In 2016, most screen are 1288x768, or smaller.

That's probably correct for laptops.  My old/dead one was 1280x800.  My new
one is 1366x768.

HD TV is 1920 x 1080.  That's a sweet spot in the price/quality space.  I got
mine a couple of years ago when my old tube display died.  I should have done
it much earlier.  I think I paid $150.  Frys has some for under $100.

I think there are enough people with bigger displays that an option to target
for them would see a lot of use.