[gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri May 6 17:38:53 UTC 2016

Yo Frank!

On Fri, 6 May 2016 13:22:36 -0400
Frank <frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com> wrote:

> > On May 6, 2016, at 12:01 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Do a "git pull". If it tells you its getting commits rather than
> > barfing, we're good.  (I just modified tod/NEWS.)
>
> This morning I blew away “~/gpsd" and did a new clone with the
> “depth” option (troubleshooting the PPS issue with Pi’s).  I’m not
> sure I can test with your NEW change.  Please make another commit &
> I’ll test again.

I can't double commit the same thing as I did not revert my channge.

So if you are trully on git head you should see this in your source:

dagwood gpsd # fgrep 'accuracy will' *c
ppsthread.c:		    "KPPS:%s kernel PPS unavailable, PPS accuracy will suffer\n",
ppsthread.c:		"KPPS:%s no HAVE_SYS_TIMEPPS_H, PPS accuracy will suffer\n",

> NEWS is still the same:

Yeah, NEWS is not used by gpsd for trivial commits, that is in the git log.