New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO

Frank frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com
Fri May 6 17:22:36 UTC 2016

> On May 6, 2016, at 12:01 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:
>
> Do a "git pull". If it tells you its getting commits rather than barfing,
> we're good.  (I just modified tod/NEWS.)

This morning I blew away “~/gpsd" and did a new clone with the “depth” option (troubleshooting the PPS issue with Pi’s).  I’m not sure I can test with your NEW change.  Please make another commit & I’ll test again.

If I’m not using git correctly, please let me know and I’ll research/learn what you’re referring to with “tod/NEWS”.

dev2-rpi gpsd # date
Fri May  6 13:15:31 EDT 2016

dev2-rpi gpsd # git pull git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd.git
From git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd
 * branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.

I don’t think it did anything (this looks like when I last cloned it this morning, with the depth option):
dev2-rpi gpsd # ls -l NEWS
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 44711 May  6 08:21 NEWS

I moved “~/gpsd” to “~/gpsd.sve" just now and did:
dev2-rpi ~ # git clone git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd.git

NEWS is still the same:
dev2-rpi ~ # diff gpsd.sve/NEWS gpsd/NEWS
dev2-rpi ~ # date
Fri May  6 13:20:28 EDT 2016