[gpsd-dev] New 0.5 draft of the SemPiTernal HOWTO

Frank Nicholas frank at nicholasfamilycentral.com
Fri May 6 21:52:22 UTC 2016

> On May 6, 2016, at 1:38 PM, Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com> wrote:
> So if you are trully on git head you should see this in your source:
>
> dagwood gpsd # fgrep 'accuracy will' *c
> ppsthread.c:		    "KPPS:%s kernel PPS unavailable, PPS accuracy will suffer\n",
> ppsthread.c:		"KPPS:%s no HAVE_SYS_TIMEPPS_H, PPS accuracy will suffer\n",

dev2-rpi ~ # diff gpsd.sve/ppsthread.c gpsd/ppsthread.c
dev2-rpi ~ #

What’s in “gpsd.sve” is after I did this, this morning:
dev2-rpi gpsd # git pull git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd.git <git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd.git>
From git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd <git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd>
 * branch            HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD
Already up-to-date.

If the above diff & my pull’s are done correctly, it looks like using “depth” does allow for updates.

If we want to do more testing, I’ll leave my existing “~gpsd” directory alone (from:  git clone --depth=1 git://git.savannah.nongnu.org/gpsd.git , today at 1:19PM EST).  The next time there is a commit, send me a note & I’ll try a new pull & confirm it’s updated Ok.

What’s the best/correct way to update the local ~/gpsd, for this testing?