ntp.conf snippets in etc

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Jun 12 15:44:32 UTC 2016

Eric S. Raymond writes:
>> Until that happens we could add a script that collects these snippets
>> into a single ntp.conf file instead.
>
> You didn't look at example.conf.  That shows how to use includefile
> directives to assemble the snippets.

The idea was to privide the operational experience already, i.e. you'd
just copy or link some files into /etc/ntp/conf.d or wherever, then the
startup script assembles the ntp.conf file (it could even use the
includefile directive).

> Please don't send me patch hunks this large and complex without more
> explanation - it's too difficult for me to map all the interactions.

Then treat the resulkt as an alternative to what you've had.

> Remember that my *operational* experience with NTP is minimal and have
> patience.  Separating the name changes from the content changes would be
> helpful, too.

In this case, the name change only makles sense with the changes.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: