ntp.conf snippets in etc

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Jun 12 14:56:08 UTC 2016

Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo.de>:
> Eric S. Raymond writes:
> > Some details aren't settled yet.  Mark wants to go to an Apache-style
> > conf.d setup where all snippets in a specified directory are
> > interpeted, but I'd like us to prove the general concept before I try
> > getting cute with the scanner code.
>
> Until that happens we could add a script that collects these snippets
> into a single ntp.conf file instead.

You didn't look at example.conf.  That shows how to use includefile
directives to assemble the snippets.

> Proposal:

Please don't send me patch hunks this large and complex without more
explanation - it's too difficult for me to map all the interactions.
Remember that my *operational* experience with NTP is minimal and have
patience.  Separating the name changes from the content changes would be
helpful, too.