PARSE clocks.

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Mon Nov 30 18:03:04 UTC 2015

On 2015-11-30 09:58 -0800, Hal Murray wrote:
> verm at darkbeer.org said:
> > We can enumerate this list starting at 47 if that works.
>
> That name space is shared with NTP Classic.  We can't just do arbitrary
> things like that.

OK, I haven't looked too closely at this before.

> The Parse clocks already have their own numbering scheme.  I think it's only
> 4 bits, the top nibble of the bottom byte of the IP Address.  It's in the
> html page.

OK.

> I don't see any simple way to merge that into the current configure scheme.
> Probably best to clone the code that reads the numbers, something like
> --parseclock=, and then have it automatically enable the parseclock driver
> and turn on REFCLOCK.

Well, I can still make it work under the same --refclock= command instead of
1-47 for the builtins I can do p1-12 for parse clocks.  The numbers would only
have meaning in the build system.

This way I can have them show up in --list and used in --refclock.

Does that sound reasonable?

Amar.