Cannot compile on Windows 7 64 bits with Visual Studio 2013 community.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Dec 31 20:42:19 UTC 2015

jason at azze.org said:
> "We intend to port to Windows, but that may not land in early releases. The
> work requires we first sort out the threading code in NTPsec and then review
> the Windows support and how it is integrated into the code base."

We should be able to build/run without threads.  You need to use numeric IP
Addresses rather than DNS names and the pool option won't work as designed.

The configure time option is --disable-dns-lookup

I just tried it.  It builds, but still links in libpthread.so

I tried removing PTHREAD from the link line, but it died trying to set the
stack size.  That shouldn't be hard to fix.