GPSD install notes

dropkick23 at gmail.com dropkick23 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 23:55:07 UTC 2023

>Some important details missing at the top.  No mention of the
>distro you use, or the version.

Top line of document :

aarch64 Archlinuxarm  (disto ArchlinuxArm, rolling distro no version)

>No mention of the HAT you used.  Different HATs use different PPS pins
>and different speeds.

Second line of document:

Using Rpi Hat GPS Module M8T from Uptronincs

The hat is not available, small limit run, same pinouts as other GPS Hats
from Uptronics.

Changed to PiOS kernel from mainline kernel, easier for me to configure
GPIO pins / serial port than dealing with uboot.

yes could have installed pps-tool via pacman instead of building.

10-gpsd-rules not part of arch, created by me.

Fred