ntpviz - scale for "nsat" graph is somtimes wrong for "Local GPS"

Nicolai Mass nicolai.mass at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 15:56:27 UTC 2021

Hi

Platform : Raspberry PI 3 (ARM).
Distro: DietPI - Bullseye (debian) 64 bit
ntpsec version  : 1.2.0+dfsg1-4 (from distro)
ntpsec-ntpviz    : 1.2.0+dfsg1-4 (from distro)
gpsd                 : 3.22 & 3.23.1 (from distro) & build from sources.
GPS device : Sparkfun Ublox 6. Connected via UART including PPS at pin 18.

Issue: When running ntpviz,  the graph called "Local GPS" gets the scale
for nsat wrong.  The scale should be liner but go like 7 8 8 8 9 10 10 10
11.

The issue is not consistent, but does show from time to time. The issues
started when I moved my GPS antenne to an area with a clear sky view.

I suspect the behaviour is not intended, but I reserve all the right to be
wrong :-)

All assistance is highly appreciated.

Two pictures below to support text above:
[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]
Best Regards
Nicolai