NTP with only GPS/PPS flags PPS as falseticker

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Thu Mar 19 23:11:14 UTC 2020

Yo Nick!

On Thu, 19 Mar 2020 23:06:15 +0000
Nick Burkitt via users <users at ntpsec.org> wrote:

> >  >Except that is a bad answer.  So don't bring bad info back here.
> >  >
> >  Please explain why mindist isn't the solution to my problem.
>
> Once again, gpsd-users is not the palce to discuss ntpsec issues.

From the doc:

mindist mindistance
    Specify the minimum distance used by the selection and anticlockhop
    algorithm. Larger values increase the tolerance for outliers;
    smaller values increase the selectivity. The default is .001
    s. In some cases, such as reference clocks with high jitter and
    a PPS signal, it is useful to increase the value to insure the
    intersection interval is always nonempty.

It controls flopping between chimers, but your problem is in bad
chimer selection.

I'm guessing that now you config is clean, you no longer need that.