NTS Time Server ntp.bollar.com

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Wed Mar 11 17:59:46 UTC 2020

Regrettably, the only reasonably detailed list of stratum one and two
_NTP_ servers that I'm aware of is that on ntp.org -
https://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/WebHome - and it obviously
doesn't offer any fields for advising of NTS support.

As a workaround, I just updated my own listing and added "NTS Enabled"
to the 'HostOrganization' field, which does provide a serviceable
informational entry in the overall listing. Obviously wouldn't work for
orgs that use that field, but it's a start.

On 3/11/20 06:55, Rick Bollar via users wrote:
> Thanks all, especially Paul & Stephan for the testing help. Since I
> posted yesterday, I've resolved some firewall issues and reduced
> mintls to 1.2. The server appears to be working for most people. In
> addition to the regular ntp clients I'm getting through NTPPool, there
> are a handful of NTS clients that are connecting successfully.
>
> Question: Once NTS is adopted, how would one go about finding trusted
> NTS servers? Aside from Cloudflare, TimeNL & Netnod, I'm unaware of
> any servers advertising their availability. I also understand that NTS
> is incompatible with the "pool" directive, so at least for the short
> term, this will come to manually finding servers I trust.
>
> Rick

Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com