ntpviz

NTPfiend ntpsec at goldhill.co.uk
Sat Mar 9 09:48:36 UTC 2019

Just under a week ago, I updated ntpsec to the latest (ntpsec-1.1.3+)
from ISTR 1.1.1.   Since then, running a cronjob at 0000z with ntpviz,
produces a nasty spike of local clock jitter, offset and clock wobble.
The system rapidly recovers.

http://www.goldhill.uk/ntpvizplots/index.html

I now run the graph production nice'd to n -19 but there is no
discernible difference.   No other cronjobs run at 0000z.

I would be inclined to think my Raspberry Pi:
    Hardware revision 0010, Model B+
    Uputronics GPS board
was inadequate but I don't recall such a performance hit with the
earlier 1.1.1

I'm not sure what to try next; it seems inadequate to have to run ntpviz
away from the ntpsec R Pi.   What have I missed ?