Best practices question

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Wed Jun 26 23:18:42 UTC 2019

On 6/26/19 02:02, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net>:
>> There is only one chip available that works with the new modulation.  (that I
>> know of)
>>      https://www.universal-solder.ca/product/everset-es100-adk-v2-wwvb-bpsk-phas
>> e-modulation-receiver-only/
>>
>> The ES-100 uses SIO or one of the similar 2 wire type I/O interfaces.  Should
>> be easy on a Pi, but I don't have directions.  I don't know how to do it on a
>> PC.
> That's interesting.
>
> WWVB reception would be very dodgy here - I live about 30 miles from
> Dr. Mills's digs in Delaware and while while that is mostly westward
> distance it's not by enough. Too bad - if I thought I could get signal
> here I'dvbe very tempted to do a Pi-based receiver build to complement
> my GPS-based one.
In case it hasn't been mentioned here recently -
https://coverclock.blogspot.com/2017/10/my-wwvb-radio-clock.html

He does some nifty time hardware and software. I tried using his suite
of applications for getting it working, but had no luck - I think
largely just due to the weak signal, I'm in the outlying SF bay  area. I
was able to verify the PPS was just barely being received with the use
of a little micro-oscilloscope, but that was as far I was ever able to
get....

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com