Puzzling clock offset spikes - update 2

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sun Jul 8 20:43:06 UTC 2018

Yo Paul!

On Sun, 8 Jul 2018 13:23:39 -0700
Paul Theodoropoulos <paul at anastrophe.com> wrote:

> >> Oh - and previously on ethernet, my Raspi was burning about 2.4 to
> >> 2.7 watts continuously.
> > Odd.  I'll have to retest.  I thought my power usage was much
> > closer to 5 watts.
> I'd be surprised if it's that high.  I'd expect your device to be
> burning up at that rate - I was at 60 deg C at 2.5w.

I just measured a RasPi3 B+ with Uputronics V1 HAT.  I just got 1 Watt
(0.5 Amp).  With ethernet, WiFi off.  Room temp.

I wonder when taht changed?

> better - and while that was running, the unit spontaneously rebooted.
> There's been a few glitches since then too, which I can't entirely
> explain.

Ouch.

> I'm slightly worried my MicroSD may be going, so I have a
> couple more on the way.

I go through a lot of them.

> I'm also contemplating adding an RTC to my
> device, simply because it's annoying as hell running 'last' and
> seeing every reboot having occurred Dec 31, 1969. :)

Odd.  I do not have the problem.  Gentoo resets the clock on boot to
the last time on the file system.

> Here's a link to screenshot from right around when I posted that, to
> give a better idea in the nearterm -

I'm much more interested in the stats below the png.  Minimum, maximum,
standard deviation, etc.  Hard to eyeball small chnages in the graphs.