timing antennas

Paul Theodoropoulos paul at anastrophe.com
Mon Aug 6 03:55:56 UTC 2018

On ebay, and on Amazon, there are a few instances of 'timing antennas'
for sale. Some appear to be specifically for cell sites, and some are
advertised as up to 40dB gain, unlike the little puck antennas which
tend to be in the 20-28 dB range.

Here's a current example - http://r.ebay.com/2QlAm2

Obviously it'd need an adapter for the cable, but the question is, would
it really provide much of an improvement to ntpsec? My understanding is
that yes, a more sensitive antenna means better signal and potentially
more satellites usable at any given time.

I'm currently using an unneeded taoglas MA208.A.AB.001 antenna that I
snagged from work - http://www.embeddedworks.net/ante828.html

--
Paul Theodoropoulos
www.anastrophe.com