WWVB?

MAYER Hans Hans.Mayer at iiasa.ac.at
Fri Aug 3 17:59:33 UTC 2018

Dear Paul,

In the meantime I build several stratum-1 server. There are GPS-based, rubidium controlled and DCF77.
See also my blog to various topics about NTP. http://blog.mayer.tv/
DCF77 is very similar to WWVB. A DCF77 trasmitter is in Europe and sends on 77.5 kHz.
Offset for DCF77 is about 1000 times worse than GPS or rubidium based.
But if you have nothing else as stratum-1 in your LAN then it’s better than nothing.
DCF77 is easy to build. Propably WWVB too.
GPS is also straight forward.
Rubidium based NTP needs a lot of adjustment and scripting.

// Hans

—