Strange error on NetBSD

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Sat Jun 22 10:19:07 UTC 2024

James said:
> After checking some webpages, I have a notion that NetBSD has siginfo,
> rather than siginfo_t. If they are the same struct, then a relatively
> simple #define or typedef should amend the Issue. I have not tested it
> yet.

The NetBSD man page says:
     The sigaction() function conforms to IEEE Std 1003.1-1990 ("POSIX.1").

The Linux man page says:
   Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)):

       sigaction():
           _POSIX_C_SOURCE

       siginfo_t:
           _POSIX_C_SOURCE >= 199309L

wscript has a comment discussing this area then does:
      ctx.env.CFLAGS = ["-std=c99", "-D_GNU_SOURCE"] + ctx.env.CFLAGS

It looks to me like c99 should be >= 1990, but I don't know much about
that stuff.

---------

That function is only used by ntp_sandbox from inside an #ifdef
HAVE_SECCOMP_H so I added a pair of #ifndef __NetBSD to squash this error.