Release

Hal Murray halmurray at sonic.net
Mon Dec 18 05:49:13 UTC 2023

Fred Wright said:
> The main issue I've found is that the "struct var" in ntp_control.c, is
> relying on anonymous unions, which are a relatively new language feature.

That is my attempt at getting a sane procedure for adding slots to the table.
The old scheme required coordinated edits in several places and there was no
checking that you got them right.

> Turning the "p_" and "p2_" prefixes into names of the union instances  seems
> fairly reasonable (e.g., "p_time" becomes "p.time"), but would  require
> changing the initializers.  I'd be willing to look into that if  I'm not
> wasting my time.

I think I just fixed that.  I'll push in a while after more local testing.

> There are also a bunch of warnings with some compilers, which might be  worth
> looking at.  They're often fairly easy to fix, and sometimes indicate actual
> problems.

Which compilers?  Or rather which OS/distros?

Can we set things up so that the gitlab CI stuff tells us about warnings?

James suggested adding the compiler flag that turns warnings into errors.
That won't work on the old old version of Bison that has a missing default or
something like that.