NTPsec 1.2.2a released

James Browning jamesb192 at jamesb192.com
Sat Aug 5 05:39:47 UTC 2023

> On 08/04/2023 6:35 PM PDT Fred Wright via devel <devel at ntpsec.org> wrote:

:::snip:::

> I notice that the two commits for that don't seem to be in any branch.
> Having commits only "owned" by a tag and not a branch seems fragile.

I do not think it is particularly fragile; I mean the garbage
collector is that aggressive, is it?

> In the process of investigating this, I noticed that only the master
> branch is visible in the WebGUI, even though there are actually 25
> branches in the repo.

I also only see the branch master. Then again I am not expecting to
see 26 branches because we have 25 tags and master. BTW master at one
point or another contained all of those tags.

> Having a separate branch for each patch release could get somewhat
> cluttered, but it's straightfoward to use a single branch for all patch
> releases, as long as folks aren't allergic to merge commits.
>
> Fred Wright

If it bothers you, I could add a merge request to add a 1.2.2 branch.
I have a few CI changes to backport. I am not going to create another
merge request unless I can get confirmation someone besides me wants
it.