NTPsec 1.2.2a released

Fred Wright fw at fwright.net
Sat Aug 5 01:35:38 UTC 2023

On Fri, 4 Aug 2023, Fred Wright via devel wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2023, Matthew Selsky wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 04, 2023 at 01:47:29PM -0700, Fred Wright via devel wrote:
>>
>>> And for that matter, what exactly is 1.2.2a, given that there's no git tag
>>> for that version?
>
>> 1.2.2a is 1.2.2 + the 2 line patch to avoid the crash.  We'll release 1.2.3
>> in late August with all of the changes in HEAD since 1.2.2
>>
>> Please use "git fetch origin --tags" to pull the
>> https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/-/tags/NTPsec_1_2_2a tag
>
> Oops - forgot to fetch the tags.
>
> Actually for anyone using a fork (which is desirable even for people with
> write access), it's more likely:
>
> 	git fetch upstream --tags

I notice that the two commits for that don't seem to be in any branch.
Having commits only "owned" by a tag and not a branch seems fragile.

In the process of investigating this, I noticed that only the master
branch is visible in the WebGUI, even though there are actually 25
branches in the repo.

Having a separate branch for each patch release could get somewhat
cluttered, but it's straightfoward to use a single branch for all patch
releases, as long as folks aren't allergic to merge commits.

Fred Wright